Thursday, April 28, 2011

Progress Report

Sorry I've been absent for awhile...it's been so busy this week I haven't had a spare moment. But here I am and I'm happy to report that I am on track with my new program, I haven't slipped into my usual stress eating mode and things are looking good.  woohoo

My new program:
15 weeks
1800 calories daily
50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fat
60 mins of cardio 5 days a week
3 Crossfit sessions
1 hot yoga class

I will admit I've had to give up the vegan diet, a la Natalie Portman, I was having a hard time meeting my daily protein requirements without dairy. Sad I know but I'm sure I'll go back to a vegan diet after this is over...I'm still not eating animals or eggs! I wanted to stress that cutting your carbs to 50% is not recommended for everyone. I am basing this on a one on one conversation I had with a sport nutritionist about my goal to build muscle mass and cut body fat. Anytime you significantly adjust your diet whether its adjusting the carb/protein/fat ratio or eliminating a food group you should talk to a dietitian or a nutritionist.

I got an ipad and am using the SparkPeople app to track my food and exercise, it is amazing. I'm nearing the end of week one and am down 2.5lbs, tonight I get my measurements and body fat calculated by my trainer. Is it still considered immature to put your fingers in your ears and sing "lalallalalal"?

I have to go eat something....

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!