Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Memory Lane

I asked my sister to look through her old photos to see if she had any of me before I started this weight-loss journey.  I didn't really keep many pictures of myself, or take that many, when you are 5'1" and over 200lbs you tend to avoid the lens. Well my wonderful sister has been sending me some real doozies!

I'm guessing about 200lbs 
When you first start losing weight you are flooded with compliments and feel great but inevitably as you near your goal weight and stay there people forget how you used to look, and you may also forget how far you've come. It doesn't have to be an 80lb weight loss, it can be 5, 10, 15 etc. Have a look back at some old pictures and remind yourself that you have literally worked your ass off to drop those pounds and you should be very proud of yourself!


I know my friends are all going to say "I don't remember you looking like that!" Well I had forgotten as well and this was a wonderful reminder for me. Find an old photo of yourself and take one today, compare the two.

Here is one of me from last week:



This is just the motivation I needed to kick off December!
A big hug to my sister Colleen. xoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!