Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Bells are ringing...my inner thighs are jiggling!



Well it's Christmas Eve and all the presents are wrapped, the tree is trimmed and the house is ready to receive guests. But what is that sense of dread I feel? It's the pressure I put on myself to not over indulge today and tomorrow, I spend more time focused on what I do and don't eat than on the excitement of the day.

So how do you get through the next two days without a sugar hangover and a sleigh full of guilt? First you need to cut yourself some slack. If you are like me and will have at least two big family gatherings to attend you know you are pressed for time, lacking sleep and your willpower is going to crumble as soon as you see the platter of fresh baked Christmas cookies. In the grand scheme of things is one or two days of indulgence going to ruin weeks of healthy eating and exercise? The answer is no.  Should you go completely insane and use the cookie platter as your appetizer and follow it up with a gallon of eggnog? The answer is no. The promise I am making to myself this year is to relax, I am so careful with my diet every other day of the year that taking a day or two off is not really a big deal.

So go my merry little friends, enjoy Christmas, have a cookie or two, enjoy time with your family and congratulate yourself on all the work you've done this year. Boxing Day I'll see you at the gym.

Merry Christmas!
Regan

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!