Friday, December 17, 2010

Making me smile!


I started writing this blog for a few reasons, one being I like to talk about nutrition and exercise and since my husband is tired of my ramblings I have turned to strangers, (kidding hun) and the other reason was the small hope that it might inspire a few people to make some changes to become healthier individuals.

It's been amazing to get emails from friends I haven't seen in a long time or even complete strangers saying something in one of my posts struck a cord. Some find my stories amusing and knowing I made someone smile is enough for me. Others may see a familiar story of someone's struggle for years with their weight and my success has encouraged them to take a step towards their own goals. That is just plain awesome!

So what are the things that inspire me to get up at 5am and drag my tired ass to yoga in the dead of winter? To train for weeks to set a new time in a half marathon? To go to kickboxing to have my Sensei torture me with hundreds of kicks?

Well to be honest there are a whole list of things:
- seeing that my efforts encourage others to push a little harder
- the satisfaction of pushing myself pass what I thought were my limits
- the joy I feel after accomplishing a goal knowing only a few short years ago I was unable to come anywhere close to what I'd just achieved
-the fear of that obese monster lurking behind me and knowing how good I feel now and how bad I felt then and how I don't want to go back
- watching friends who thought they weren't capable of trying something new, doing it and succeeding!

Thank you, as always for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!