Saturday, December 11, 2010

OMG It's a Christmas miracle!!


Tonight is our annual staff Christmas party, always a good time but of course always requiring a new dress! Oh the demands of a wannabe fashionista.  In my continued hopes of becoming more financially responsible I vowed this year to not buy a new dress, why when I have two in my closet I've never worn! I have a very bad habit, buying clothes without trying them on, it's genetic my sisters all do it too.

These dresses I bought a couple of years ago and I discovered when I got home they were too small. And by too small I mean I couldn't shimmy them down over my hips with the help of a shoe horn and a jar of Vaseline. So they were relegated to the back of my closet to the "Someday They'll Fit" section. This is a fun little section, there are these dresses, a couple pairs of jeans, a beautiful suit jacket...ahhh someday.

Last weekend as I was contemplating the Christmas Party and looking through my dresses from previous years, wondering which I would recycle, I peered into the back of my closet and saw those two dresses begging me to take them for a spin on the dance floor.

So with much trepidation I tried the first one on, a funky black and grey sleeveless number which resembled a sausage casing on previous fittings. I pulled it over my head and down over my hips...SWEET BABY JESUS IT FIT!!! I almost burst into tears. I walked stunned into the other room to show my husband..who of course never saw my previous attempts to stuff myself into this dress. His reply  "That's a nice dress." pitter patter goes my heart.

Dare I attempt the second dress? Maybe I should quit while I was ahead. This dress is a sequined long sleeve black minidress, Stacey London would frown at someone over 35 wearing a mini but she can bite me. I pulled it from the closet and paused...the thing about sequins is they reflect light, which reflect every bump, bulge and jiggle. So I took a deep breath and pulled it on over my head, pulled it down over my stomach, over my thighs....SWEET BABY JESUS 2 IT FIT!!!!

So now I have a new dilemma which I am very happy to have, which one shall I wear?

Hold on to your dreams folks and apparently your old clothes, they may fit one day! woohoo!!

1 comment:

  1. Where are the pics of these dresses Regan?????

    ReplyDelete

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!