Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

So I am doing a photoshoot this week for the March issue of SELF magazine. I am beyond excited but now I'm panicking that the end result is going to look lame. Hello? Where are you self-confidence?

It's funny I've spent the better part of the last seven years working my ass off, literally, to first drop 80 pounds, then maintain it, build muscle etc. I'm not sure when my head is going to catch up to my body. Most days of the week I don't feel like a woman at her healthy weight, most days I still feel like the overweight girl trying to hide her stomach rolls under a baggy sweater. It's only when I see pictures of myself that I think, huh you're right I have lost weight.

Part of me hopes my head doesn't catch up so I always have that drive to keep striving to exercise and eat well, but somedays I'd love to just feel like a normal person who never had a weight problem, who doesn't question every morsel of food they eat. Perhaps this article is just what I need to see in print that I have come a long way. Or it will be printed with an ink blot across my face and you'll have to pick me up off the floor.

Now I have to decide what to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!