Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Fever

It's that time of year when things are starting to melt, the sun is starting to feel warm on our skin and you don't have to put on four layers to go outside, this is also the time I start to get the itch to start training for a race. It was so nice yesterday I ran in shorts! I run all winter, even at -28C this year, and I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get back from those cold runs but there is something about spring that puts a little extra spring in my step.

In my ongoing pursuit to find balance I am trying to juggle all my workouts into some sort of feasible schedule. If I decide to do a half-marathon in May I'll need to run three days a week, my base fitness is good so I'm not to concerned about the actual training runs but I still need to log some miles if I want a good finish time. Did I also mention I'm addicted to Crossfit? What a rush! I'd like to do it a couple of times a week, and of course there is my beloved yoga which I should do at least twice a week to maintain my flexibility and keep my body limber for running. I've decided I'm going to take a break from kickboxing, as much as I love it I've done it three to four times a week for over three years, I need a rest.  So again I have a dilemma, three runs, two Crossfit, two yoga classes equals seven workouts a week....did I mention I also teach spinning?

So many things I love to do so little time. I'm pretty lucky that I have all this time to devote to fitness so I shouldn't complain. Looks like I'll have to do a new schedule for the fridge, if for nothing else than to schedule rest days! Repeat after me, balance, balance, balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!