Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm Back!

Like a nasty rash I have returned! After an amazing trip to Hawaii (I'll spare you all the glorious details) I am back in the saddle, sort of. I seem to have lost my mojo. Perhaps I lost it on the North Shore with the chilled out vibe. I cannot for the life of me get going, I'm hoping its jet lag.

So the big question...did I work out while on vacation? Yup, but not a lot. A couple of hard spin classes, two weight training sessions in the gym, one 8km run, one paddle-board lesson and that was about it. I was conflicted at first and got up at 5am to head to the gym the first few days and then I decided it was time to chillax. For the love of God I had travelled over 7800 kilometers to Paradise and was still driving myself crazy with exercise.

The next big question...did I gain any weight? Probably, but to be honest I haven't weighed myself since I got back. Partially because I'm sure I'm up a few pounds but also because I kind of don't care at the moment. It's probably the jet lag but I am tired and I know as soon as I get on that scale I'll start driving myself crazy counting calories, working out and obsessing over every minute of the day. So I'm letting things be for now. I'm eating healthy (though in Hawaii I did indulge a fair amount) and I'll get back to working out in the next few days but I'm trying to hold on to some of this easy going vibe.

I went to a Sports Massage Therapist before I left to have my IT Band worked on, and its a mess. It was a painful hour and a painful reminder that I was over doing it. I was going to sign up for another half-marathon in May and cram the training in over 10 weeks, but I think I'll pass. Maybe one this fall, or maybe not, we'll see.

Another thing I realized when I was in vacation was how much I missed spending time with my husband. Life gets so hectic and only seeing each other daily for an hour or two during the week has become the norm, mostly due to my crazy workout schedule. Getting to spend over two weeks together all day, everyday, was awesome. So I'm not keen to jump right back into my previous schedule.

So there it is folks....I seem to have absorbed some of that relaxed Hawaiian vibe.  We'll see how long it lasts. ;) Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!