Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Balance

As I mentioned in my last post I got back from Hawaii last week and I'm trying to hold onto that wonderful relaxed vibe I felt throughout my trip. I'm really trying to find a balance between life, work, exercise and diet. This past week has been nice, I've taken the pressure off myself and I've done a couple of workouts but my diet needs some work. As soon as I stop exercising my diet turns to shit. I am starting to realize that exercise is more than just a hobby that I enjoy, its also a great stress reliever for me, the more I workout the less I stress eat, the less I workout the more I stress about not working out and my diet goes to hell. I need help.

I don't want to put a schedule back on the fridge and start obsessing about exercise, I truly love exercise but the guilt I feel devoting so much time to it is starting to sour this love affair. My goal for the month of March is to workout five days a week....unstructured, one day I might go for a run, another yoga, no plan just do what I feel.  And I need to get a handle on my diet, I want to take a break from keeping a food journal but I know keeping a daily record is key to weight loss. I'll give this more thought and let you know how its going in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!