Monday, March 28, 2011

It's Sugar Free Day!!


It's funny how we seem to be categorized as either "sweet" or "salty" people. My husband loves salty treats like chips and nuts, I can leave a bag of chips for weeks, they don't interest me, I am definitely in the "sweet" category. Just don't hug me. If you put a chocolate brownie or cupcake in front of me I'm salivating on my shoes. I saw this segment on Dr. Oz once where he said it had something to do with how our taste-buds are organized on our tongue. Since I can't reorganize my taste-buds I try to limit my exposure to sweet treats as much as possible. But it is soooo hard.

It is so much easier to avoid the sweets once you go a few days without. It's like quitting smoking, the craving is always there but it gets easier everyday. Maybe I'll start smoking again and see if that helps with my sweet cravings, KIDDING! I need to get my sweet tooth, or according to Dr. OZ my sweet tongue under control. So I declare today, March 28 sugar free day! Here's hoping it starts a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!