Friday, January 28, 2011

Like a Bowl Full of Jelly!


We all have trouble spots....mine is my Santa belly. Yes I exaggerate somewhat, its more like Mrs. Claus' belly. Sadly no matter how many six pack programs you see on TV or magic ab machines on the market you can't spot train away body fat.

I refuse to embrace my jiggly bits so I work my ass off to burn the fat. That's right folks...lots of cardio. The other thing I've done that has helped dramatically with belly flab is to overhaul my diet. I'm sure some changes just reduce bloating but I'll take it.

My tricks to a flatter stomach:
No soda! (actually nothing carbonated)
Watch the salt (try to stay below the daily maximum of 3,000 mg)
Eat nothing white (simple carbs)
Eat every 3-4 hours
Raw veggies create gas so I warm up my veggies before I eat them
Drink lots of water
Skip the crunches and do planks
Add more core strengthening to your workout (stability ball, bosu, TRX)
Kick up the cardio, intervals burn a lot of calories in a short period of time

Here's another tip, if you dislike your belly as I do and are working your hardest to make it firmer and flatter, spend some time admiring the parts of your body you do like. Do you have strong muscular legs, broad strong shoulders, a perfect ass? There are many things about your body worth celebrating, focus on them and strut your stuff, but please no assless chaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!