Thursday, January 27, 2011

You've been a bad bad girl!!


When I exercise I sometimes turn into a bit of a pain in the ass. When I am with my Crossfit trainer (yes even trainers have trainers) I can sometimes get belligerent. He gets a kick out of it, he may have issues. Unfortunately though my bitching about burpees usually means I'm going to end up doing more burpees, you'd think I'd learn.

For those of you who don't know what a burpee is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrFducMgYQ  give it a try, I did 50 of those in a row the other day until I thought my arms were going to fall off.

Don't get me wrong, I love to push myself to the point where I can't lift the barbell one more time, I can't keep going at the same pace and I just want to be done but when you feel completely spent and you have someone barking in your ear to lift that barbell one more time it sends a bit of rage through my veins. Thankfully it fuels me to lift it one more time.

Another thing I do to pump myself up for a workout is listen to very loud, very high energy music. I crank Godsmack, AC/DC,  Metallica, Eminem, Jay Z, Nickleback, Three Days Grace and Puddle of Mudd until I can't hear myself think and I focus on the task at hand. Sure I'll be deaf by the time I'm 50 but I'll be that much closer to a six-pack.

Unleash your inner Badass and push yourself! What do you need to do to get the most out of your time at the gym? Last time I checked the girl running sprints on the treadmill wasn't listening to Yanni.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!