Friday, October 29, 2010

Trolling for men as a Big Girl.

Let's be honest, we all want a partner in life, a partner in crime, someone to blame shit on.  As a Big Girl throughout my 20's I did have the odd boyfriend, even a couple semi-serious ones.  My size didn't really seem to effect my dating until I passed the age of 25. It was like I ran smack dab into the back of a bus! And yes I left a dent. Apparently I was plus-sized and over-the-hill. What the hell?

So how does one navigate the dating battlefield when each thundering step sets off another land-mine?  Well booze helps, ok I know I should be all clean living, people love you for you crap but lets be honest, if you are a 5'1" 200+ pound woman in her late 20's you are swimming in a very small pool of eligible bachelors, really its not a pool its more like a shot glass.  I'm not saying get all drunk and slutty but there is some truth to meeting a guy over drinks in a dimly lit bar, win him over with your charm and ability to down shots and you've got a chance at a date.

If you don't like the booze route there are always co-ed sports. Yeah I know you're thinking what guy is possibly going to be attracted to a sweaty chick, all red faced and breathing hard....that's right ladies men are only ever one thought away from sex.  They think chicks working out are hot, so sign up for your local Ultimate Frisbee cult, recreational volleyball league, and if you like the bookish type, badminton. Work it on the court, leave a sweaty trail...you'll find a follower.

Online dating is an option but lets be honest because you're not going to be on your profile and neither is he. You'll meet a few maybes, maybe, but I still think there is something to be said for that  random first in-person interaction, the first look in the eye, the first smile...sober or not.

Break out your funny bone. Everybody loves the funny fat chick...ever notice that 99% of all female comics are on the large side?  Think how many fat jokes there are, notice how they are not funny when told by a skinny chick? I was always a funny fat chick, I was up for anything, a gag, a prank, you name it, if it got a laugh I was loving it.  The guys that like the funny chicks are usually funny themselves, so see that guy that has his buddies rolling on the floor? He's your target.

And finally remember guys aren't the end all be all. I didn't have a single date from 2001- 2004. That's right a three year drought, not a drought of biblical proportions but man it was a dry spell. So what did I do for all those years?  I had fun with my friends, they loved me no matter my size.

1 comment:

  1. My friend told me about your blog, and I'm just reading a few of your posts tonight for the first time. I think you are "real" which is very nice and your hilarious...you have a way with words. It's awesome what you've done to change your lifestyle around....Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!