Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mooooootivation

Someone once told me you can't motivate people to take action but I think you can inspire others to want to do better. 

When I say I was a couch potato, I don't mean a small spud sitting elegantly on a chaise lounge, I mean a fully cooked steak house sized baked potato strewn across a heavily indented IKEA sofa.  I know what its like to know you've left the remote in the kitchen on your last snack run and not have the energy to get up to get it so instead watch an hour of a mind-numbingly boring nature documentary until you have to return to the kitchen to refill your gallon sized glass with soda.

So what motivated me to get off that indented couch?  The fear of Jerry Springer and a back-hoe? Bathing with a washcloth tied to a stick?

No, the fear of entering my 30's as I had lived all of my 20's, obese, tired, hungover and pathetic. I made a pact with myself on my 28th birthday to get my shit together. It wasn't easy and over the upcoming posts I'll share how I lost over 80 pounds, changed my lifestyle and am now a personal trainer inspiring others to get healthy.

Thanks for reading....now I have to get ready to go to kickboxing...my next deadline is a trip to Hawaii this winter and I want to be in peak condition.  That is motivation, finding the next thing to keep you moving toward your goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!