Friday, May 20, 2011

More insanity

Well I'm three weeks into my "base building" program for the marathon and things are going well. I've been good with taking two rest days a week, which is always a problem for me and having regular massages to loosen up the old gams. Tomorrow I'll head out for a 10 mile run (16km) and I'm looking forward to it. I love all the speed work and interval training but I really enjoy the satisfaction of a nice long run.

I've been continuing on with my CrossFit obsession and am feeling stronger than ever. If you had told me a few years ago that I would enjoy throwing myself on a dirty gym floor to do burpees I would have told you to spark up your crack pipe for another hit. Here are my most recent workouts for your entertainment.


For time:
1,000 meter row
50 squat thrusters (32.5lb barbell)
30 jumping pull-ups
time: 13:12

For time:
400 meter sprint
21 wall balls (12lb ball)
21 burpees

400 meter sprint
15 wall balls (12lb ball)
15 burpees

400 meter sprint
9 wall balls (12lb ball)
9 burpees
time: 13:55

Took the medicine ball in the face on the last workout...oh well it could have been worse, I didn't lose any teeth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you like my blog? Feel free to post questions or comments!